Kurt G. Elia
Kurt is an executive coach and consultant who works with senior leaders to develop solutions that improve the effectiveness and performance of individuals, teams, and organizations. He has extensive experience coaching C-suite and other senior executives on a wide range of leadership and organizational challenges, and he supports his clients in unleashing the power of their leadership talent and taking their organizations to the next level.
With over 25 years of human capital and entrepreneurial business management experience across multiple industries, Kurt brings to bear a combination of talent expertise, leadership depth, financial acumen, and strategic grounding to accelerate the development of his clients in the context of their business challenges.
His coaching and consulting engagements are tailored to the needs of each client. Representative projects include helping his clients in:
- Developing the skills and confidence needed to lead at a higher level after a new promotion
- Adapting style to be more effective in a new role or new culture
- Designing organizations that are aligned with the business strategy
- Assessing and developing key talent
- Building effective teams
- Navigating through organizational change
- Working effectively with boards of directors
- Making tough decisions to reposition organizations for success
Kurt has served as the Chief Human Resources Officer for two global, publicly traded companies—most recently for Argo Group International Holdings, a $2B company with over 30 offices in 10 countries. He has also held senior leadership positions in both small startup companies and large established corporations, including Capital One Financial, Citigroup, and IBM.
Kurt holds a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University and is certified as a professional executive coach by Columbia Business School and Columbia Teachers College.